Shoebox will continue to store photos unless you have explicitly chosen to delete them from the app itself. However, before you delete the app from your computer, please ensure all photos have been successfully backed up.
Check to make sure that the Sync Status says “Backup Complete” and ensure that you are running the most up-to-date version of the app.
To uninstall (remove) the Shoebox app for Mac, please follow the instructions below:
- Open the Shoebox app for desktop on your Mac.
- Click into the "Help" tab on the top left corner of your screen.
- Click "Stop backup until next launch" and select "Quit and Stop Backup".
- On your Mac dock, open Finder and select the Applications folder. You can also find the Applications folder by clicking on the hard disk icon.
- Scroll down till you find the Shoebox app icon then drag it to the trash the icon.
- Empty the trash.
Don't worry. Unless you go through the multi-step account deletion process (involves selecting delete account in app, following the instructions in a confirmation email, and password verification) Shoebox will continue to backup all of the photos that you had previously backed up. Removing the app from your computer will not delete your Shoebox account.