iPhone and iPad have a few special requirements to ensure background backup works without any issues:
- Ensure you have upgraded your operating system to iOS 7+. Background backup is blocked by earlier versions of the OS.
- Don't "force quit" Shoebox. A "force quit" is when you swipe the app up on the recently used apps list.
- Open the app at least once after rebooting your phone.
- Ensure your phone is charged and has WiFi. This will ensure backups occur more frequently.
- Your iPhone/iPad must have at least 75 megabytes of free space. Background upload takes a small amount of space, and will pause if your phone is nearly full.
Keywords: Background, Upload, Space, Backup, WiFi, iPhone, iPad, Pause